Sarasota, FL 34235
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with and teach adults with developmental disabilities
- Must be comfortable working outside with lawn equipment such as riding lawn tractor, weed eaters, and leaf blowers.
- Must be able to work all shifts as assigned.
- Perform job responsibilities in compliance with all, Health and Safety Standards, Abuse Laws, Children & Families Guidelines, Core Assurances, Delmarva Monitoring Requirements, Community Haven’s agency and program policies and procedures.
- Meet the provider training requirements of APD, Delmarva, and The Haven.
- Comply with all agency, program and funding sources requirements, policies, procedures and directives.
- Provide Life Skills Training and documentation based on Individual Implementation Plan goals and strategies.
- Be responsible for assisting individuals in planning and carrying out social and community activities to include working together as a team to include events for families and friends
- Provide supervision of clients at all times including community inclusion activities.
- Be supportive and encourage each client’s participation in the day training/vocational program prescribe
- Be supportive of each client in developing those skills necessary to ensure their independence within their scope of competence in the
- Provide for and ensure each individual’s right to privacy, in accordance with the Bill of Rights, Section 393.13, FS
- Protect each client’s rights and freedoms and maintain the confidentiality of personal information concerning the client, in accordance with the Bill of Rights, Section 393.13, Florida Statutes
- Make the facility accessible to funding sources, members of local Human Rights Advocacy Committees
- Participate in the annual reassessment and documentation of each client as requested by district staff and cooperate with the Program in implementing the habilitation plan
- Participate in Program Outcome Measures and data collection
- Participate in the inspections and monitoring by the Programs funding sources
- Fostering positive relationships between the clients served.
- Other duties as requested
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent and one year of experience working in a medical, psychiatric, nursing or child care setting or in working with persons who have a developmental disability. College vocational or technical training equal to 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours or 720 classroom hours can substitute for the required experience.
- Level two background screening and rescreening every five years.
- Valid Florida driver’s license, a safe driving record and proof of motor vehicle insurance.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone