Sarasota, FL 34235
We are looking for a teacher assistant for our 1 year old classroom; Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 5:30PM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with all Health and Safety Standards, Abuse laws, Department of Children and Family Guidelines and CHAC policies and procedure.
- Maintain student and program confidentiality.
- Comply with grant and contract standards, including training requirements
- Assist teacher in monitoring children.
- Assist teacher in assuring of all required documentation for each child, including sign-in, attendance, body checks.
- Assist teacher in implementing written weekly lesson plans and classroom schedules (creative curriculum) according to developmentally appropriate practices.
- Assist teacher in completing developmental assessments and documenting developmental gains.
- Assist teacher in implementing and documenting progress for goals and objectives for each child.
- Promote developmentally appropriate skills and behavior under the direction of the teacher.
- Assist children with personal care.
- Assure that classroom is maintained in a clean manner, including sanitizing toys, shelves, etc., cleaning floors and doing laundry daily.
- Assist with transition of children to a new room.
- Complete accident, behavior and incident reports as necessary.
- Assist teacher in coordinating and implementing therapy goals with appropriate specialists.
- Perform other duties as requested by teacher and program directors.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent and one year of experience working in a medical, psychiatric, nursing or child care setting or in working with persons who have a developmental disability. College vocational or technical training equal to 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours or 720 classroom hours can substitute for the required experience.
- Level two background screening and rescreening every five years.
- Valid Florida driver’s license, a safe driving record and proof of motor vehicle insurance
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone