Here are a few fundamental elements about The Haven:
• Founded in 1954 as Sunshine Day School.
• The Haven exists to enhance quality of life by encouraging independence, championing inclusion and advocating for individual rights. Regardless of ability, all individuals deserve the basic human right to have choices for a fulfilling and a productive life filled with purpose and social acceptance. As Sarasota’s leading organization in human serves for adults and children with disabilities, The Haven offers programs and services for individuals with disabilities including the Selby Preschool, Haven Academy (grades 9-12), Life Skills Training, and Haven Industries, Community Employment and Residential Services.
• We are located at 4405 DeSoto Road | Sarasota, FL | 34235
• The Haven serves 800 individuals with disabilities every month
• The NEW 7,500 square foot Frank Stern Employment Training Center is the latest edition to The Haven’s campus and was built response to the demands of a sizable waiting list for The Haven’s Adult Day Training programs for adults with disabilities. Renovation on campus have been made as part of The Haven’s master plan for developing its 32-acre property in to a fully functional campus devoted to realizing the highest potential possible in each of the individuals the campus serves.
• The NEW Judy’s Oasis Therapeutic Pool is a 1,248-square-foot commercial pool that will include a zero-depth entry with a ramp entrance, restroom facilities, a screened enclosure and a brick paver deck. The new aquatic center is slated for completion spring 2018. The project has an estimated cost of $300,000.