Sarasota, FL 34235
Salary: $10.50 to $11.50 /hour
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with and teach adults with developmental disabilities
- Must be able to work all shifts as assigned.
- Perform job responsibilities in compliance with all, Health and Safety Standards, Abuse Laws, Children & Families Guidelines, Core Assurances, Delmarva Monitoring Requirements, Community Haven’s agency and program policies and procedures.
- Meet the provider training requirements of APD, Delmarva, and The Haven.
- Comply with all agency, program and funding sources requirements, policies, procedures and directives.
- Provide Life Skills Training and documentation based on Individual Implementation Plan goals and strategies.
- Be responsible for assisting individuals in planning and carrying out social and community activities to include working together as a team to include events for families and friends
- Provide supervision of clients at all times including community inclusion activities.
- Be supportive and encourage each client’s participation in the day training/vocational program prescribe
- Be supportive of each client in developing those skills necessary to ensure their independence within their scope of competence in the community (i.e. personal hygiene skills such as bathing and oral hygiene; homemaking skills such as food preparation, vacuuming and laundry; and on social and adaptive skills that enable the recipient to reside in the community
- Provide for and ensure each individual’s right to privacy, in accordance with the Bill of Rights, Section 393.13, FS
- Protect each client’s rights and freedoms and maintain the confidentiality of personal information concerning the client, in accordance with the Bill of Rights, Section 393.13, Florida Statutes
- Help establish self-government within the meaning of Section 393.13, Florida Statutes
- Make the facility accessible to funding sources, members of local Human Rights Advocacy Committees
- Participate in the annual reassessment and documentation of each client as requested by district staff and cooperate with the Program in implementing the habilitation plan
- Participate in Program Outcome Measures and data collection
- Participate in the inspections and monitoring by the Programs funding sources
- Fostering positive relationships between the clients served.
- Other duties as requested
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent and one year of experience working in a medical, psychiatric, nursing or child care setting or in working with persons who have a developmental disability. College vocational or technical training equal to 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours or 720 classroom hours can substitute for the required experience.
- Level two background screening and rescreening every five years.
- Valid Florida driver’s license, a safe driving record and proof of motor vehicle insurance.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone