Sarasota, FL 34235
** Hours are 8:30AM to 5:30PM Monday through Friday**
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead Teacher in toddler classroom ages 2-4
- Comply with all Health and Safety Standards, Abuse laws, DCF guidelines and CHAC policies and procedures
- Maintain student and program confidentiality
- Comply with grant and contract standards, including training requirements
- Monitor assistant teacher/aide/volunteer performance.
- Assure of all required documentation for each child, including sign-in, attendance, body checks, and emergency medical cards.
- Maintain written weekly lesson plans and classroom schedules according to developmentally appropriate practices.
- Complete developmental assessments and document developmental gains.
- Complete case notes daily on each child..
- Write student goals and progress reports.
- Maintain parent contact, including daily notes and verbal contact at least monthly
- Conduct parent-teacher conference twice a year
- Promote developmentally appropriate skills and behavior
- Assist children with personal care.
- Assure that classroom is maintained in a clean manner, including sanitizing toys, shelves, etc., cleaning floor and doing laundry daily
- Assist with transition of children to a new room
- Assure that accident, behavior and incident reports are completed as necessary
- Coordinate and implement therapy goals with appropriate specialists
- Perform other duties as requested by program director
- Assume management responsibilities pertaining to their classroom in the absence of the program director
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Associate degree in early childhood or special needs, CDA or CDS
- 40 Hours Childcare State Mandated Training
- Must possess valid driver’s license, have a safe driving records and proof of motor vehicle insurance
- Level two background screening and rescreening every five years.
- Valid Florida driver’s license, a safe driving record and proof of motor vehicle insurance
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone