Sarasota, FL 34235
We have the following Direct Care Staff shifts/positions in our Residential Program working with Adults with Developmental Disabilities:
A- Awake Overnight Weekdays- Monday through Thursday 10PM to 8AM
B- Weekend day: Friday 2pm to 10pm; Saturday and Sunday 8AM to 8PM
Responsible for assisting individuals in their daily life skills, i.e. planning and carrying out daily chores as well as social and community activities.
- Working together as a team to include events for families and friends.
- Provide supervision of clients at all times including community inclusion.
- Create a congenial and homelike atmosphere within the community residence.
- Provide for and ensure each individual’s right to privacy, in accordance with the Bill of Rights
- Comply with all agency, program and funding sources requirements, policies, procedures and directives.
- Successfully complete Medication Administration training and validation in accordance with Chapter 65G-7—renew validation annually.
- Participate in the annual reassessment and documentation of each client as requested by district staff and cooperate with the Program in implementing the habilitation plan
- Participate in Program Outcome Measures and data collection
- Participate in the inspections and monitoring by the Programs funding sources
- Fostering positive relationships between the clients served and their housemates.
- Other duties as requested
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma and one year of experience working in a medical, psychiatric, nursing or child care setting or in working with persons who have a developmental disability. College vocational or technical training equal to 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours or 720 classroom hours can substitute for the required experience.
- Level two background screening and rescreening every five years. Basic computer skills required.
- Valid Florida driver’s license, safe driving record and proof of motor vehicle insurance.
- CPR, First Aid and 4 hour HIV training, Zero tolerance training
- Good organizational and communication skills
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including, Health, Dental & Vision insurance, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation, personal & sick days and 403b Retirement Plan.