Sarasota, FL 34235
We have full and part time weekend day shifts available.
Responsible for assisting individuals in their daily life skills, i.e. planning and carrying out daily chores as well as social and community activities.
- Working together as a team to include events for families and friends.
- Provide supervision of clients at all times including community inclusion.
- Create a congenial and homelike atmosphere within the community residence.
- Provide for and ensure each individual’s right to privacy, in accordance with the Bill of Rights
- Comply with all agency, program and funding sources requirements, policies, procedures and directives.
- Successfully complete Medication Administration training and validation in accordance with Chapter 65G-7—renew validation annually.
- Participate in the annual reassessment and documentation of each client as requested by district staff and cooperate with the Program in implementing the habilitation plan
- Participate in Program Outcome Measures and data collection
- Participate in the inspections and monitoring by the Programs funding sources
- Fostering positive relationships between the clients served and their housemates.
- Other duties as requested
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma and one year of experience working in a medical, psychiatric, nursing or child care setting or in working with persons who have a developmental disability. College vocational or technical training equal to 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours or 720 classroom hours can substitute for the required experience.
- Level two background screening and rescreening every five years. Basic computer skills required.
- Valid Florida driver’s license, safe driving record and proof of motor vehicle insurance.
- CPR, First Aid and 4 hour HIV training, Zero tolerance training
- Good organizational and communication skills
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including, Health, Dental & Vision insurance, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation, personal & sick days and 403b Retirement Plan.