2018 Giving Challenge
The 24-hour online giving begins at Noon (May 1) and runs until Noon (May 2). The Patterson Foundation will match all unique donations (from individuals or businesses), up to $100 per donor.
The “Be the One” theme of the 2018 Giving Challenge is inspired by the Community Foundation of Sarasota County’s belief that each one of us has the potential to impact a person, a cause, a community. The philosophy sprouts from the idea that each donor can be the one to make a positive, lasting difference.
The Giving Challenge is presented by the Community Foundation of Sarasota County with giving strengthened by The Patterson Foundation.
The Giving Challenge encourages you to support the local nonprofits doing excellent work right here in your backyard! Please consider supporting The Haven from Noon May 1 until Noon May 2 by donating to us through The Giving Challenge! Your donation will help children and adults with developmental disabilities by supporting programs at The Haven that enhance quality of life!
Visit givingpartnerchallenge.org on the day of the Giving Challenge, then search Community Haven for Adults and Children With Disabilities, Inc. d/b/a The Haven. You can donate to us directly through that website!
Do You Have Questions?
Contact our marketing director at 941.355-8808 x 213 or email marketing@TheHavenSRQ.org.
How Do I Give – The Giving Challenge will only be open for 24 hours!
Beginning at Noon on May 1, the GivingPartnerChallenge.org will go live and you can search for The Haven and make a 100% tax-deductible donation. The minimum donation accepted is $25. Major credit and debit cards will be accepted. Only online donations will contribute to The Giving Challenge total. After your donation is made, you will immediately receive a tax receipt to the email address you provide.
How will my gift be matched?
To strengthen giving during the 2018 Giving Challenge, The Patterson Foundation will provide a 1:1 match for all unique donations up to $100 per donor. There is no limit to the number of individual matches from unique donors a nonprofit can receive during the 2018 Giving Challenge. Your gift will make a huge impact on the lives children and adults with disabilities at The Haven!
What can I do during the Giving Challenge to help?
The Giving Challenge goes live at Noon on May 1! We need your support throughout the entire 24 hours!
- Like our posts and share them on your Facebook or Twitter.
- Make a donation and ask your friends to give!
- Can a donor give multiple times and qualify for the match or to help nonprofits qualify for the grants for “the most donors?” A donor is defined as one individual or corporation/business, using a distinct credit card.
- Donate at least $25 from Noon on May 1 to Noon on May 2 through the GivingPartnerChallenge.org. Donations up to $100 will be matched dollar for dollar! We are under the name Community Haven for Adults with Disabilities D/B/A The Haven.
- Send an email to 5 or more friends and invite them to make a donation to The Haven during the Giving Challeneg!
- Track our progress on the GivingPartnerChallenge.org leaderboard.
- Visit our team page on www.GivingPartnerChallenge.org.
- Checks and cash are not eligible for fund-matching. Minimum $25 for donation match. We greatly appreciate all donations, but your contribution will make the biggest impact if it is given with a credit or debit card during the Giving Challenge.
Thank you for your generosity and continued support of The Haven!