The Haven provides this website as a public service. Users of this website are responsible for checking the accuracy, completeness, content, currency, suitability, and timeliness of all information. The Haven makes no representations, guarantees, or warranties, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, content, currency, suitability, and timeliness of the information provided via this website. This information is provided on an “as is” basis. The Haven reserves the right to add, remove or edit any materials from its official web site without notice.
The Haven specifically disclaims any and all liability for any claims or damages that may result from providing the website or the information it contains, including any websites maintained by third parties and linked to or from The Haven’s website. The Haven makes no effort to independently verify, and does not exert editorial control over, information or services provided on pages outside the ci.Sarasota.il.us domain.
The Haven does not endorse any of the products, vendors, consultants, or documentation referenced in this website. Any mention of vendors, products, or services is for informational purposes only.
All trademarks, servicemarks and copyrights mentioned in this web site belong to their respective owners. Any commercial use of the materials stored on The Haven web site is prohibited without the written permission of The Haven.
Any communications or material you submit by electronic mail, interactive forms or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or submit may be used by The Haven for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, The Haven is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to The Haven for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, disseminating such information.
For purposes of this policy, an “external link” is a hyperlink from The Haven’s website to a website maintained by another party. Neither The Haven website nor the external links list on such website constitute a forum for expressive activity by members of the public. Rather, the purpose of The Haven’s website and the external links is to provide information about City services, officials as well as resources to other locally pertinent information. The Haven is not responsible for, does not endorse, and cannot assure the accuracy of information on these outside web sites. (See Disclaimer of Endorsement below.)
Every request by a person or entity to have The Haven provide a link from its website to the requesting party’s website must undergo review to determine its relevance and appropriateness to The Haven website’s mission. The Webmaster will review the merits of the requested link, keeping in mind the criteria and examples listed below, to determine whether the link serves the overall purpose of The Haven’s website. The request with a recommendation from the Webmaster will be presented to The Haven Manager for final approval. A request will not be denied because of a viewpoint espoused by the person or entity. Furthermore, the following criteria will be used in considering requests for links from The Haven’s website.
At its discretion The Haven may provide links to external sites that fall into one of the following categories:
• Sponsored by governmental and educational institutions
• Maintained by organizations in a contractual relationship with, funded or created by The Haven
• Corporations, foundations, associations, etc. with a purpose statement devoting itself to assisting The Haven
• Non-profit neighborhood associations within The Haven
• Web sites of nonprofit organizations that assist people in finding housing or other human and/or social services in Sarasota
• Non-profit organizations providing employment, non-elective health care and other services to City residents
• Organizations providing the public with information or access to the arts, humanities, culture or education
• Non-profit Sarasota business development organizations
• Organizations partnering with The Haven to meet The Haven’s strategic or operational goals
• That provide government related information and/or services in a way that is not available on an official government website
• Tourism and convention information related to Sarasota and the region, including major tourist attractions in the region.
The Haven’s web site will not provide links to sites:
• Promoting or exhibiting hate, bias, discrimination, pornography; libelous or otherwise defamatory content
• Associated with, sponsored by or serving a candidate for elected office, any political party or organization supporting or seeking to defeat any candidate for elective office or any ballot proposal
• Associated with political organizations or other organizations advocating a position on a local, state or federal issue
• Furthering the agenda of a political organization or candidate running for office
• Furthering the non-charitable agenda of a labor union
• Violating any of The Haven’s equal opportunity policies
• That are individual or personal home pages
Linkage to Commercial Sites with Advertising
Certain private commercial sites contain information which provide a public or community service which is not generally available through a governmental agency due to the cost of compiling, maintaining and/or displaying such information. To support the cost of compilation and maintenance of this information, these private commercial sites may include advertising or promotional material in the information display. Although The Haven neither supports nor endorses entities advertised or promoted on such sites, it recognizes that a public benefit is served by providing the underlying information to assist City residents. Accordingly, links to such sites which contain this information, but also display commercial advertising or promotional material, may be included within The Haven website when The Haven Management has made a good faith determination that:
• The Haven’s independent replication of the information targeted for linkage is infeasible due to financial or other considerations; and
• No non-commercial site provides the information targeted for linkage; and
• The information targeted for linkage greatly enhances the usefulness of The Haven’s website and services it provides
Location and Appearance of Links
The Haven reserves the right to determine how and where external links will appear on its web site; i.e. what page the link appears on and where the link is placed on the page.
Links to The Haven’s Website
Advance permission to link to The Haven’s Website is not necessary. However, the party linking to The Haven’s website should be aware that its subpages may change at any time without notice.
Entities and individuals linking to The Haven’s website shall not capture pages within frames, present The Haven’s website content as its own, or otherwise misrepresent this website’s content or misinform users about the origin or ownership of its content. Any link to The Haven’s website site should be a full forward link that passes the client browser to The Haven’s website unencumbered. The web browser’s “back” button should return the visitor to the originating site if the visitor wishes to back out.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
The information posted on The Haven’s website includes hypertext links to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. The Haven provides these links solely for users’ of The Haven’s website information and convenience. When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving The Haven’s website and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the external.
• The Haven does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website
• The Haven does not endorse or recommend any third party web site, product, or services, unless otherwise noted
• The Haven does not authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website
• The Haven is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites
Suspension of Site
The Haven reserves the right to modify, suspend, discontinue or restrict this site, including the availability of any portion of the content at any time, without notice or liability by The Haven. The web site may be temporarily unavailable from time to time due to maintenance or malfunction of computer equipment.